Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Global Village, Into The Wild, The Cube Question


Isn't it amazing how quickly winter is forgotten? When the city streets fill with sunshine, skin and festivals, everything seems a little more possible!
 
 
THE GLOBAL VILLAGE... and other shows:
I'm planning on getting out of town as much as possible come july, but until then, I'm playing a slew of small free shows to close out the top half of '09.
 
1) For the next three Wednesdays (starting TONIGHT) I'll be performing as a duo (w/ Jordan Safer on harmonica/ slide guitar) 
 
Where?: the Global Backpacker's Hostel.. (potential for meeting sexy foreigners: %100)
460 King Street West (@ spadina)
When?: Wed June 10th, 17th, 24th.... around 9:30pm (thursday morning is the new Sunday)
How Much?: Free (but cash/ sexy gifts are accepted)
Why?: Why not?
 
2) Playing the opening slot at the weekly music series "Live @ Czehoski" I checked this show out a few weeks ago and was amazed at how crazy the party was for a Tuesday night....it will be rammed so get there early,
Where? Czehoski 678 queen West (don't worry, no one knows how to pronounce the name)
When? Tuesday June 16th 9pm (aka sexy time)
How Much? Freeeeeeee (see above comments)
Why? Because all the cool kids are doing it
 
3) Opening up for my talented friend Mike Celia, Sunday June 14th @ the Trane studio http://www.tranestudio.com/
964 Bathurst St (2 blocks north of Bloor)
Still learning the details, but check out the facebook event: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=85404703642&ref=mf
Doors: 8pm
Show Starts: 9:30pm 
Cover: $10
 
INTO THE WILD
 
The centerpiece of my summer will be a lengthy trip to Wabakimi National Park:
 
If you click this link, you'll realize its a very very long drive, and frankly, after spending most of the past two years running around the cement of Toronto, getting back to the dirt is exactly what I need! My partners in crime (tripper buddies rob, haller and hart) and I will be tripping hard: white water, unmarked trails and portages, massive lakes!  I intend to spend a large chunk of my evenings writing songs, and telling stories round the fire! Wish me luck, I hope I don't get eaten by a caribou.
 
In addition to this trip, I will be doing my usual round of summer camp touring 

balancing the natural w/ the urban is very important to my music and my sanity.

THE CUBE QUESTION

I've been amazed by how many people have asked me about the results of "that cube thing".... so many of you voted, I cannot thank you enough!

I find out the results at a private gala which will take place simultaneously in three canadian cities on June 23. The toronto one is at Circa, and they've asked me to perform a 15 minute set... which is a good sign, but they emphasized that it does not mean I have won!

The Fall Tour is still in the planning stages, but many questions and routes will be answered depending on the outcome of the cube!

Wish me Luck!

Thats enough for now.... as always, check out my twitter, myspace and youtube, itunes!
If you do visit, don't forget to rate me high, this helps increase my visibility!
send the links to friends, and keep coming out to shows.... Your support means everything to me

Be well

db

http://www.itunes.com/daveborins - brand new EP for sale

http://daveborins.blogspot.com/ 

 

"let there be songs, to fill the air...La La La La"
            - Robert Hunter

No comments:

Post a Comment